Thursday, February 14, 2008

Welcome to my studio!

This week has been pretty rough- a great deal of moving around and figuring things out the hard way. However, I now officially live in Thailand! I just rented a studio for about $115 a month. It's pretty basic but in a good neighborhood with tight security and a 3 minute walk to the school I am attending for the TEFL certification. I have never lived in another country before- it's pretty exciting (yes, I am a dork). The landlord (I guess you would call her-she looks pretty young) is so nice. She is trying to learn English so she was excited to talk to me, last night she stopped by and gave me sheets, a pillow, a cake, juice, and this pastry type meal just to welcome me to the place. Hmm... new girlfriend?

Here is a video of what the place looks like if you have a minute-


As mentioned in the video I got a new backpack which wasn't easy to do. My last one had so much sentimental value starting with the first trip I ever took it on when my sister Rachel and I took on the Appalachian trail seven years ago. That trip changed my life and the bag has traveled the world with me ever since. It even went up and down the entire West coast on my motorcycle! I owe it to her, and the rest of my family (by that I include close friends) who have all encouraged and motivated me in some way to never give up, even in the ugliest of situations. You all know who you are and I thank every one of you for always challenging me to do more.

I spend a few hours everyday walking around the different neighborhoods- everything about this place catches my eye as incredibly unique. Bangkok is such an interesting "World City".


I am still trying to practice my Thai lingo so I went out and bought some music. The cd I bought ended up being a kareoke video but it is still interesting. This is a very popular song right now in Thailand. Try and sing along to it! haha Good Luck!



No comments: