Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Full Moon Party on Koh Pha Ngan

I have been to many full moon parties on Black's Beach in San Diego but this one was no where near the same experience! There were over 4,000 people on Haad Rin beach and the party did not stop until about noon the next day. There were people from all over the world on this beach all here to party the night away. It was almost confusing as to if I was still in Thailand anymore because no one was actually from this island. The bungalow I was staying at that night was farther away so I had to take a boat to get to the party- once we turned the corner to the bay that the full moon party was my eyes widened- it was one huge carnival! The boat dropped a group of about 20 of us off in the shallow water and the rest of the night was spent wondering around and dancing at one of the many dj stations. They had clubs set up along the beach and I hopped from one to the next, each one having its own style of music and crowd.




The party was very intense and required a day of recovery to get back to the normal pace of life. However, I was so glad I made it to the party- it was something I'll never forget. Southern Thailand is quite a dream- the landscapes and beaches are unreal. Everyone around here is traveling and it is very easy to meet people to travel with because someone is bound to be going to the next place you want to go. I have to say that I think I like the north better. I liked being the only faraang (westerner) around and plus the pace of life was slower. Down south it is all vacationers living large and prices are way higher.




I left Koh Pha Ngan this morning and made it to Koh Tao. I started my PADI open-water certificate to scuba dive this afternoon and start diving tomorrow! I have been looking forward to this point of my journey from before I even booked my plane ticket! The water around this island is very very clear with an abundance of marine life. I'm ready to hit the water!




Here are a few pictures from Cambodia..... I loved Angkor Wat so much- I had the biggest nerd smile on my face the entire time I was there! haha

No comments: