Monday, January 21, 2008

Ten days to go!

Everything is finally coming together for my trip to Thailand, I just received my visa, my scholarship, and placement details for the volunteer project. I will be traveling with Global Crossroad with the help of the Gilman Scholarship. I am ready for the journey to begin as soon as I take care of a few last minute errands. Before now I was a bit unsure about the whole trip, not knowing if it would work out or if I'd be comfortable leaving everything here in San Diego but now I am ready. In ten days I will be on the opposite side of the planet.
Living in a non-Western country is what I am most excited for so I can really open my mind and learn something new. I'm ready for the culture shock to really make me question everything I do and expose me to a new concept of the meaning of life. I love to travel and push my limits of comfort to the threshold. This trip is going to take my independence to the next level and hopefully assure me that Cultural Anthropology is the major I want to continue with. This is a time for me to see the world and see things with new eyes.
I just got a new toy that is going to help assist me in making this blog worth checking out, an underwater digital camera with video. I hope that I will be able to show everyone who checks out this website a glimpse of what life is like in Thailand, the land of smiles. I'm incredibly interested in seeing everything I can and being about to share those experiences. I will be in Bangkok for about a month and from what I have heard there is Internet access available almost everywhere. However, while I'm staying with a host family I don't know what kind of access I'll have in Chaing Mai- We'll see!

No comments: